Monday, August 25, 2008

My Weekend Adventures!


Well, I must say that Mommy really knows how to show an extraordinary beagle (like me) a good time!


We went to the humans -- Bill and Leslie's house so I could hang out with Sam and Lucy (my favorite labs). Mommy wanted to hang out with the humans -- especially this little, tiny humay named Gabrielle. I'd never seen such a small human before! I got in a couple of good sniffs and even snuck a little kiss in....Gabrielle smells really good. And she seems to like me too since I am much closer to her size than her dog siblings, Sam and Lucy.
Mommy just loves to cuddle Gabrielle and sing to her. She keeps telling Gabrielle that she is "a pro" and that her parents are "'rookies." (Whatever THAT means.) I just know that Mommy likes to give lots of love and that's a good thing!
Now, my best adventure was on Sunday. Our beagle meeting was rescheduled to September 7. However, Mommy promised me a trip to Laurel Canyon so off we went! It was pretty hot on Sunday but I didn't mind. We got there and there were other dogs everywhere. I got to meet a lot of new four-legged friends. We gallivanted all through the dog park. Chase was a big game for us. As a highly social beagle, I visited many different groupings of the human and canine variety. The humans and dogs were friendly and I left the park after 4 hours of fun. I literally slept the whole way home.
Now, today Mommy is taking Scruffy and me to the vet. We aren't telling Scruffy, but she has to get shots today. Poor girl. And, Mommy is leaving us to get bathed. (Oh, the HORROR!) She seems to think we need to be clean. I do NOT understand this at all. But she is muttering something about the fleas in Orange County and our flea control meds aren't working.....
I'll blog again when I am all clean and handsome again!

1 comment:

Kess And Her Mama said...

What a busy weekend! I can't understand the humans fascination with baths and vets! Kess.