Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Dog's Life - the Story of George Tirebiter aka Snoopy

I want to tell you a nice story about my humans. This happened right before I got sick.

One night, these people, Mommy calls them neighbors, left a dog in the house. Yes, they opened the door and let this dog in! Mommy was out and the rest of the humans were upstairs. So, this dog, whom we didn't know, took up residence in the house. The humans discovered the dog a couple of hours later, sleeping on Polly's bed.

It was a big surprise for Zeeta, Scruffy and me. We had a new friend to play with! Mommy named him George Tirebiter since the dog had no tag. He had a nice leather collar, so we knew he had his own humans. Anyway, Mommy took a liking to "George" right away. She could tell he was trained because he knew his commands, just like me.

Mommy named him George Tirebiter because that's another USC mascot. That Mommy. She is silly about her USC Trojans.

Zeeta, Scruffy, and I were quite happy to let "George" stay with us however Mommy was sure he had his own home. So, they put up these things called signs all over, even advertised on the computer (Mommy calls it the "web.") But, no one came by for us to bark at.

Mommy suggested that we take the dog to the vet and check whether it was "chipped." Mommy says that I have one because I like to go on "walkabouts." I think they are runabouts, myself. Anyway, they took "George" to the vet (poor guy). When they arrived the humans knew exactly who he was and called him Snoopy! (Hey, isn't that a famous beagle?)

The story has a happy ending for the humans. Snoopy was reunited with his humans, 2 boys, aged 9 and 7 and a couple of grownups. We miss Snoopy but we are glad that he is home now.

Here's a picture of Snoopy.

No comments: